This creamy mashed potatoes recipe is buttery, fluffy and the perfect comfort food.
While I am a foodie, I can say I am even more so a potato fanatic. I could eat these creamy mashed potatoes often and never get tired of them.
Mashed potatoes are such a versatile side dish that can be prepared in a variety of ways. Most people only use butter and milk in their mashed potatoes, but when I discovered that mayonnaise made it even more creamy and flavorful, it was a game changer and I never went back. If you are not a fan of mayo, you can substitute it with sour cream, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you like your mashed potatoes with a bit of tang to it.
I added garlic to this recipe for extra flavor, but I usually don’t make it with garlic, and I can say that these mashed potatoes are just as delicious without them. You can also experiment with this recipe and add different herbs, cheeses, and even bacon. Whatever additions you prefer, your family will love you for making this recipe for them.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
1. Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes
4. Garlic (optional)
7. Mayo (optional)
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
1. Wash, peel and cut your potatoes into cubes so it cooks evenly.
2. Add your potatoes to a heavily salted pot of cold water.
3. Boil until fork tender.
4. Drain and remove the potatoes.
5. In the same pot, on low heat, add your butter, milk, cream, minced garlic (optional) and salt.
6. Mix well and warm until your butter melts.
7. Once your mixture is warm, remove from heat, add it to your potatoes and begin mashing with a potato masher.
8. For an extra creamy mashed potatoes, mix in your mayo.
9. Garnish with parsley or chives and enjoy.
HOW TO STORE IT
It will last for up to 4 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
- 5 Medium Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 2 cloves of Garlic (optional)
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Mayo (optional), or more if preferred
- Wash, peel and cut your potatoes into cubes so it cooks evenly.
- Add your potatoes to a heavily salted pot of cold water.
- Boil until fork tender.
- Drain and remove the potatoes.
- In the same pot, on low heat, add your butter, milk, cream, minced garlic (optional) and salt.
- Mix well and warm until your butter melts.
- Once your mixture is warm, remove from heat, add it to your potatoes and begin mashing with a potato masher.
- For an extra creamy mashed potatoes, mix in your mayo.
- Garnish with parsley or chives and enjoy.