This chicken salad is creamy, flavorful and by far the most delicious way to use up your left-over chicken.
Nothing beats a mouth-watering chicken salad. It’s the perfect meal for lunch or dinner, as it is loaded with vegetables and protein to keep you feeling full. Additionally, it is simple to prepare and may be customised to your preferences. Whether you prefer your chicken salad with a creamy dressing or a vinaigrette, there is no wrong way to enjoy this dish.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHICKEN SALAD
1. Shredded Chicken- Rotisserie, Baked or Grilled
3. Lemon Juice
5. Cherry Tomatoes
6. Red Pepper
8. Green Onion
9. Salt and Pepper To Taste
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD
1. In a small bowl, add mayo, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper to form your dressing.
2. Mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, add in your shredded chicken, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, celery, and green onions
4. Next, add in your dressing and mix until well combined.
5. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and enjoy.
- You can swap out any of the vegetables in this recipe with a slightly different variation or any other vegetables of your choosing.
- Go mayo free and opt for your favorite oil based dressing or vinaigrette.
- Add in additional seasonings like garlic, paprika and anything else you may like. I prepared the bake chicken in this recipe with several types of seasoning, which is why I only added salt and pepper in the dressing.
HOW TO SERVE IT
- Chicken salad goes well with bread, croissant or wraps to make a delicious sandwich.
- You can also serve it as a dip to be enjoyed with crackers.
- You can also enjoy it in a lettuce wrap or on a bed of salad greens for a low carb or keto friendly option.
HOW TO STORE IT
Chicken salad will last in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
THE BEST CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 cup Shredded Chicken Thighs
- ¼ cup Red Pepper
- ¼ cup Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Celery
- 3 stalks Green Onion
- ½ cup Mayo
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a small bowl, add mayo, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper to form your dressing.
- Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add in your shredded chicken, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, celery, and green onions
- Next, add in your dressing and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and enjoy.