This is the best keto banana bread recipe you will ever find if you love the taste of banana bread but want to reap the benefits of a keto diet. I made it with a few simple ingredients, is easy to prepare, delicious and moist.
WHAT IS KETO BANANA BREAD?
Although banana bread is a traditional favourite, it isn’t always keto-friendly. With the keto diet, you can still enjoy the taste of banana bread by making this recipe. You can use any of your favourite sweetener in this low-carb, grain-free keto banana bread recipe. It is just as flavorful, fluffy, and moist as regular banana bread. The best part is that you can use up any overripe bananas you may have by making this recipe.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE IT
1. Almond Flour
5. Pure Vanilla
8. Baking Soda
9. Baking Powder
11. Overripe Bananas
HOW TO MAKE KETO BANANA BREAD
1. Mash the overripe bananas in a bowl.
2. Add in your wet ingredients and mix to combine.
3. Add in your remaining ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Pour your mixture into a greased or lined baking pan.
5. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Once out of the oven, cool in the pan for up to 15 minutes before taking it out.
7. Transfer it to a cooling rack and cool completely before cutting.
Can I use salted butter? You can use salted butter, but just remember to omit the salt required in this recipe.
What else can I add to enhance this recipe? You can add chocolate chips, fruits, nuts, peanut butter, crushed pineapple, coconut or cocoa powder.
Room Temperature – The best way to store keto banana bread is to wrap it in plastic wrap or paper towel and place it in a Ziploc bag or airtight container. This will keep it moist. It can be left out for up to 4 days at room temperature.
Before wrapping it, make sure it has completely cooled because condensation that occurs in the container will cause mold to grow extremely quickly.
Please be aware that covering it with plastic wrap will help to preserve some of the moisture. Any extra moisture created in the container will be absorbed if you choose to cover it in paper towel, which will keep it from getting soggy.
Fridge – You can store it in the fridge if you need to keep it for more than a few days. Just wrap it in plastic wrap to help keep it moist, because the fridge will quickly dry it out. Warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds before eating.
Freezer – Keto banana bread keeps really well in the freezer just as long as it is wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. After wrapping it in plastic wrap, you can add a second layer of protection by wrapping it in foil. It will last for up to 3 months.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
KETO BANANA BREAD
- 2-3 Overripe Bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Sweetener
- 2 Room Temperature Eggs
- ½ cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cup Almond Flour
- Mash the overripe bananas in a bowl.
- Add in your wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add in your remaining ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour your mixture into a greased or lined baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven, cool in the pan for up to 15 minutes before taking it out.
- Transfer it to a cooling rack and cool completely before cutting.