This creamy coleslaw recipe is the perfect side dish worthy of having at a picnic or a barbecue.
Coleslaw is one of my favorite side dishes to have at a restaurant besides fries and mash potato. Unfortunately, few places make creamy coleslaw. Most coleslaw that you will find is made with a vinaigrette. The food places that I am fortunate to find with creamy coleslaw either do not make it creamy enough or it contains raisins or some other addition that I firmly believe do not belong in coleslaw.
You will love this recipe because it is creamy, flavorful, made with simple ingredients, and you can prepare it ahead of time. Grating the cabbage and carrot usually requires a bit of muscle power, which is why I made this recipe to be the perfect portion and made in the least amount of time.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY COLESLAW
1. Grate your cabbage and carrot in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine your remaining ingredients to make your dressing.
3. Pour your dressing over your cabbage mixture and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or overnight for best results.
Do I need to use mayo? You can opt for using sour cream or Greek yogurt, which will give you the same creaminess, but the taste will be slightly different.
What kind of cabbage can I use? Any green cabbage is fine. You can also add in purple cabbage or strictly use it depending on your preference.
How do I grate the cabbage and carrot? This is all up to your preference. In this recipe, I use the finer side of a grater, but you can also use the larger side to grate it into thin strips. And if you don’t have a grater, you can use a knife to cut thin strips as well.
HOW TO STORE IT
Coleslaw will last in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
THE BEST CREAMY COLESLAW
- ¼ Head of Cabbage
- 1 Medium Carrot
- ½ cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of Salt to Taste
- Grate your cabbage and carrot in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine your remaining ingredients to make your dressing.
- Pour your dressing over your cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or overnight for best results.