This homemade taco seasoning is a popular combination of various spices that can elevate the flavors in your favorite dishes. This seasoning blend is typically used in tacos, chili, burritos and all your other favorite Tex-Mex dishes.
Nothing beats a homemade recipe, as you can control what goes in it. A lot of store-bought spices either have a lot of sodium or preservatives and MSG. None of that is required for this recipe and it still tastes great!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
1. Chili Powder
2. Cayenne Pepper – You can increase the ratio and or add in some red pepper flakes if you like extremely spicy.
3. Black Pepper
4. Salt – You can control how much sodium you would like in this recipe. I added a small portion as I always cook my meals with additional salt.
7. Onion Powder
8. Garlic Powder
HOW TO MAKE TACO SEASONING
1. Add all your ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Store in an airtight container.
HOW LONG CAN I STORE MY TACO SEASONING?
Store your taco seasoning in a cool dry place in an airtight container. It will last for up to 6 months for maximum flavor. You can still use it after this time, but its potency will have diminished.
HOW MUCH TACO SEASONING MAKES UP ONE STORE BOUGHT PACKET?
The packets of taco seasoning that you find in the store are the equivalent of 2 tbsp, which is used per every lb of meat. The best thing about this recipe is you will have more seasoning to make more meals and for less cost.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Store in an airtight container.