This Chili Recipe is flavorful and hearty, making it the ideal dish for the fall and winter seasons. What I love most about this recipe is how little preparation it requires. This allows you to unwind with a warm bowl after a long day.
The first time I had Chili was back in University and I was surprised that I didn’t found about it before. There were lines of students waiting for this meal and it piqued my curiosity. Once I had my first bite, there was no going back. Whenever I craved Chili, I would look for the nearest fast food place that had it. There were a few times when they either ran out or places were closed when I wanted it. But now, I am happy that I can finally make it at home, knowing that I will no longer be missing out.
CHILI RECIPE INGREDIENTS
1. Canned Red Kidney Beans
2. Ground Beef
3. Yellow Onion
4. Green Bell Pepper
5. Garlic Paste
8. Chili Powder
9. Black Pepper
10. Cayenne Pepper
13. Crushed Tomatoes
14. Beef Bouillon Cube
15. Tomato Paste
16. Granulated Sugar
17. Olive Oil
CHILI RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Add your oil to your pot and heat it on medium low heat.
2. Once warmed, cook your onions for about 4 minutes (stir occasionally so as not to burn them).
3. Add in your green bell peppers and cook for a couple minutes.
4. Add in your garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds before adding in your ground beef.
5. Stir all your ingredients together.
6. Add in your seasonings and mix well.
7. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until the ground beef is no longer pink.
8. Drain any excess oil, before adding in your remaining ingredients.
9. Stir to fully combine.
10. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
11. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
12. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
Meat – You can substitute the ground beef for any other ground meat such as chicken, turkey or pork. You can also go meatless and add in extra beans or vegetables for more protein.
Garlic Paste – You can swap this for minced garlic or garlic powder. Add as little or as much as you like.
Crushed Tomatoes – For a chunkier texture, swap this with a can of diced tomatoes (omit the additional tomato out of this recipe if you choose to go this route) and tomato sauce.
Beef Bouillon Cube – You can swap this with beef stock or chicken stock if you so choose (omit the water in this recipe if you do so). If you don’t have either, then you can add some beef or taco seasoning to the chili.
WHAT TOPPINGS GOES WELL WITH CHILI?
1. Sour Cream
2. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3. Green Onions
4. Tortilla Chips
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHILI?
Chili is great on its own, but outside of enhancing its flavor with additional toppings, you can also pair it well with some delicious sides.
3. Onion Rings
4. Pasta Salad
5. Mozzarella Sticks
6. Grilled Cheese
HOW TO STORE IT
You can store Chili in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you made large batches, or cannot finish it before then, store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just ensure you freeze it in an airtight container or portion out batches in resealable freezer safe storage bags. For extra protection, double the storage bags so you reduce the risk of freezer burn. Once you are ready to have it, just thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat it on the stove.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
THE BEST CHILI RECIPE
- Enamel Cast Iron Pot
- 1 lb (454g) Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- ½ Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 28 fl oz (796 ml) Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 19 fl oz (540 ml) Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Add your oil to your pot and heat it on medium low heat.
- Once warmed, cook your onions for about 4 minutes (stir occasionally so as not to burn them).
- Add in your green bell peppers and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add in your garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds before adding in your ground beef.
- Stir all your ingredients together.
- Add in your seasonings and mix well.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes or until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Drain any excess oil, before adding in your remaining ingredients.
- Stir to fully combine.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.