These sticky sweet and sour chicken strips are delicious and my favorite go to meal whenever I am craving Chinese.
Preparing chicken can sometimes be a daunting task, especially when there are endless different method of preparation. To cook, to fry, to grill, to bake and not to mention the different types of seasoning and sauces to use. This recipe is easy to make, can be prepared in advance, and served as either an appetizer or a main course. This recipe is an excellent choice for a busy night or when entertaining guests.
WHAT IS CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN?
Sweet and sour chicken is a traditional Chinese dish that is made of chicken that has been deep fried, coated in a sweet and sour sauce and served with bell peppers and other vegetables. The sauce is typically made with vinegar, sugar, ketchup and soy sauce, and it may occasionally include pineapple. Sweet and sour chicken is typically served with rice or noodles.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE IT
FOR THE CHICKEN
1. Chicken Breast
2. Onion Powder
3. Garlic Powder
5. Chicken Seasoning
7. Black Pepper
8. Greek Yogurt
FOR THE BREADING
1. Onion Powder
2. Garlic Powder
4. Chicken Seasoning
FOR THE SAUCE
1. White Vinegar
3. Brown Sugar
5. Soy Sauce
HOW TO PREPARE THE CHICKEN STRIPS
1.Cut your chicken breast into strips.
2. Add your seasoning and Greek yogurt and mix well.
3. Cover and leave to marinate for minimum 30 minutes.
4. After marinating, coat your chicken in your breading.
5. Fry your chicken strips for approximately 8-10 minutes until golden brown and has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
6. Set aside.
HOW TO PREPARE THE SAUCE
1. Add all your ingredients to a pot and cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
2. Add your chicken strips to the sauce and coat well.
HOW TO STORE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
Fridge – This dish will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days if stored in an airtight container.
Freezer – This dish will keep in the freezer for 3 to 4 months if properly frozen in an airtight container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
STICKY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN STRIPS
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 dollops of Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup White Vinegar
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
How To Prepare The Chicken
- Cut your chicken breast into strips.
- Add your seasoning and Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Cover and leave to marinate for minimum 30 minutes.
- After marinating, coat your chicken in your breading.
- Fry your chicken strips for approximately 8-10 minutes until golden brown and has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
How To Prepare The Sauce
- Add all your ingredients to a pot and cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add your chicken strips to the sauce and coat well.