If you thought a ketogenic diet meant never again enjoying cheesecake, think again! This quick and easy mini keto cheesecake recipe has a delicious gluten-free shortbread crust flavor and a fluffy filling, and it is only 3 net carbs.
You won’t taste the difference while using this easy mini keto cheesecake recipe.
IS REGULAR CHEESECAKE KETO FRIENDLY?
When it comes to desserts that are acceptable for the keto diet, many individuals typically turn to cheesecake. After all, cheese is a common component of the keto diet. However, traditional cheesecake is made with refined sugar and flour, both of which are forbidden on the keto diet.
So, does traditional cheesecake fit within the keto diet? Unfortunately, the answer is no.
This fluffy mini keto cheesecake is a great low-carb dessert choice for people who follow the ketogenic diet and for those who want a healthier alternative to regular cheesecake.
While the crust and topping of classic cheesecake can include a lot of carbs, keto cheesecake satisfies your sweet tooth while also allowing you to stick to your diet.
These mini keto cheesecakes are made with cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, almond flour, sweetener and are sugar-free, gluten-free, high in fat, and low in carbs.
THE BENEFITS OF HAVING KETO FRIENDLY CHEESECAKE
If you follow the ketogenic diet, you know that dessert is one of the hardest things to give up. Most low carb alternatives lack the typical textures and flavours of the traditional desserts.
However, eating low carb doesn’t mean that you should have to sacrifice the enjoyment of eating your favourite foods.
Before doing keto, I found traditional cheesecake to be overly sweet and dense. This cheesecake has the perfect mixture of sweetness without all the added sugar. It’s light and has a creamy texture that is irresistible.
You can indulge in this delicious mini keto cheesecake and satisfy your sweet tooth guilt-free.
Here are some additional benefits to eating these fluffy mini keto cheesecake:
1. It is high in healthy fats and an excellent source of protein, calcium and vitamin A
2. It can help you lose weight
3. It can improve your cholesterol levels
4. It can help stabilize blood sugar levels
5. It can help improve mental clarity
6. It can reduce inflammation. The best part is that it only takes 20 minutes to make!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE IT
1. Almond Flour – Not to be confused with almond meal.
2. Butter – We will use unsalted melted butter for this recipe
3. Cinnamon – This is optional, but it adds more flavour to your crust
4. Sweetener – You can choose granulated or powdered.
1. Cream Cheese – Ensure that you are using full fat cream cheese at room temperature
2. Sweetener – You will need powdered sugar to avoid a grainy texture in your filling
3. Pure Vanilla – I recommend pure vanilla extract to bring out the most flavor
4. Sour Cream – This gives the cheesecake a creamy texture, adds moisture and a bit of tartness
5. Salt – To bring out the flavors in the cheesecake
6. Heavy Cream – You will need this to make whipped cream. This gives the cheesecake the fluffy texture.
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Mix your almond flour, butter, cinnamon, and sweetener until well combined.
2. Add and press in your mixture into a lined muffin pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 6-10 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
4. Whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks and set aside.
5. Whip your cream cheese, powdered sweetener, vanilla, sour cream, and salt until well incorporated.
6. Fold in your whipped cream until well combined.
7. Add your filling to your cooled crust.
8. Cover with plastic wrap, store in an airtight container, and refrigerate overnight for best results
9. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Can I use salted butter? I wouldn’t recommend it. I have made the crust with a bit of salt and it was too overpowering.
What can I substitute for sour cream? You can use Greek yogurt as it has a similar consistency and a tangy flavor. If you are not a fan of yogurt, you can leave it out completely and add a little of lemon juice if you want to give it a tangy flavor.
MINI KETO CHEESECAKE STORAGE TIPS
Like regular cheesecake, these mini keto cheesecakes will last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To store in the freezer, ensure to wrap your cheesecake with a plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container. You can keep these cheesecakes in the freezer for 1 to 2 months. Take it out of the freezer when you’re ready to eat it and let it thaw overnight in the fridge.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
FLUFFY MINI KETO CHEESECAKE
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sweetener
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- 8oz Block of Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Powdered Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Mix your almond flour, butter, cinnamon, and sweetener until well combined.
- Add and press in your mixture into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-10 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks and set aside.
- Whip your cream cheese, powdered sweetener, vanilla, sour cream and salt until well incorporated.
- Fold in your whipped cream until well combined.
- Add your filling to your cooled crust.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy.