These chocolate chip cookies are moist, chewy and are the ultimate sweet treat.
Chocolate chip cookies are one of the most popular desserts found in almost any bakery or household kitchen. For generations, people of all ages have enjoyed these delectable treats, and there is no doubt that they will remain a favorite for many years to come. Whether you’re searching for a quick snack or a dessert to share with loved ones, chocolate chip cookies are a great choice. And the best part is that they are simple to make at home! It’s easy to see why they’re so popular.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2. White Sugar – This helps the cookie spread, which creates a crispy edge.
3. Cornstarch – This helps creates a thicker, softer and chewier cookie.
6. Brown Sugar – This gives the cookie a deep molasses flavor. It also creates a denser cookie and it adds moisture, making them chewy.
7. Vanilla – Adds flavor.
8. Melted Butter – It adds flavor, and it helps create a chewy texture.
9. Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
10. Baking Soda – This helps the cookie spread. I wouldn’t recommend substituting with baking powder as your cookie will come out more cake like.
11. Oil – This prevents liquid from evaporating from the dough, which allows it to maintain its moisture during baking and increase its shelf-life.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1. Add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
2. Then, mix in your wet ingredients to form your dough.
3. Next, add in your chocolate chips and mix to incorporate them into the dough.
4. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
5. After removing the dough from the fridge, use an ice cream scoop and portion out 12 balls of cookie dough.
6. Place them on a lined baking sheet, ensuring to leave space in between them.
7. Preheat your oven at 350°F and bake for 12-15 minutes. They may look a little undone, but we don’t want to over bake them. The cookies will firm up during the resting period.
8. Rest for 10-15 minutes and enjoy.
TO CHILL OR NOT TO CHILL
Here are the benefits to chilling your dough.
1. All the ingredients have time to settle and marinate, which then intensifies the flavor of your cookie.
2. The flour is able to fully absorb all the moisture, which creates an evenly baked cookie.
3. The fat in the dough has time to solidify. This slows the melting process during baking, which means there will be less spreading. As a result, you will end up with a thicker and chewier cookie.
HOW TO STORE IT
Room Temperature: Your freshly baked cookies will last for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Freezer (unbaked): Chill your cookie dough for up to 48 hours, then roll into balls. Chilling needs to be done prior to freeze as it allows the flour to absorb the moisture first. Store them in an airtight container and then freeze for up to 3 months.
Freezer (baked): Once your cookies have cooled completely, freeze them on the baking sheet for at least 30 minutes to prevent sticking. Then store them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
MOIST AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 room temp Egg
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Then, mix in your wet ingredients to form your dough.
- Next, add in your chocolate chips and mix to incorporate them into the dough.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- After removing the dough from the fridge, use an ice cream scoop and portion out 12 balls of cookie dough.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet, ensuring to leave space in between them.
- Preheat your oven at 350°F and bake for 12-15 minutes. They may look a little undone, but we don't want to over bake them. The cookies will firm up during the resting period.
- Rest for 10-15 minutes and enjoy.