Rice Krispie Treats are an iconic dessert that has delighted both children and adults for generations. These treats are still very popular today and don’t appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. These delectable treats are made from marshmallows, butter, and puffed rice cereal, which combine to make an irresistible gooey treat. Rice Krispie Treats are not only delicious, but they are also incredibly simple to make. Rice Krispie Treats are an excellent choice for a quick snack to make with the kids or a sweet treat to bring to your next social gathering.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR RICE KRISPIE TREATS
1. Rice Cereal
4. Pure Vanilla
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
1. Add your butter to a pot and melt over low heat.
2. Add your marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Remove from heat and add in your vanilla.
4. Fold in your rice cereal until fully coated.
5. Pour your mixture into a lightly greased or parchment lined 9″ square baking dish and gently press to spread the mixture evenly.
6. Let set for at least 1 hour at room temperature before cutting.
TIPS FOR MAKING RICE KRISPIE TREATS
1. Lightly grease or line your baking dish with parchment paper so the treats are easier to lift out.
2. Slowly melt the butter. If you try to melt the butter too fast, you risk burning it and then it becomes brown butter, which unless you like brown butter, will ruin the taste of the treats.
3. Do not cook the marshmallows too long or they will become hard. Once it has melted, remove from heat and add in your remaining ingredients.
4. Use a rubber spatula or grease your utensils to avoid the mixture from sticking to them.
5. Gently press your mixture in your baking dish without packing it too much, otherwise it will become too hard.
6. Use fresh marshmallows as old marshmallows dry out and won’t melt well.
HOW TO STORE IT
It will last for up to 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Rice Cereal *see notes
- Add your butter to a pot and melt over low heat.
- Add your marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in your vanilla.
- Fold in your rice cereal until fully coated.
- Pour your mixture into a lightly greased or parchment lined 9" square baking dish and gently press to spread the mixture evenly.
- Let set for at least 1 hour at room temperature before cutting.