These chocolate brownie cookies are the perfect treat for all my brownie lovers.
These cookies have the rich chocolate flavor of a traditional brownie, but with a soft and chewy texture on the inside with crispy edges.
These are great as a quick snack with less clean up than your typical brownie and you can add in your favorite fillings for more flavor. I experimented and added in some chocolate chips in some and marshmallows in others and both were my preferred versions to my standalone chocolate brownie cookie. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
2. White Sugar – This helps the cookie spread, which creates a crispy edge.
3. Cornstarch – This helps creates a softer and chewier cookie.
6. Vanilla – Adds flavor.
7. Melted Butter – It adds flavor, and it helps create a chewy texture.
9. Baking Soda – This helps the cookie spread. I wouldn’t recommend substituting with baking powder as your cookie will come out more cake like.
10. Oil – This prevents liquid from evaporating from the dough, which allows it to maintain its moisture during baking and increase its shelf-life.
11. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
12. Mini Marshmallows (optional)
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
1. Add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
2. Then, mix in your wet ingredients to form your dough.
3. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
5. For added flavor, add in chocolate chips and/ marshmallows to the middle of some of your cookie dough.
6. Place them on a lined baking sheet.
7. Preheat your oven at 350°F and bake for 12-15 minutes. They may look a little undone, but we don’t want to over bake them. The cookies will firm up during the resting period.
8. Rest for 10-15 minutes and enjoy.
HOW TO STORE IT
Room Temperature: Your freshly baked cookies will last for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Freezer (unbaked): Chill your cookie dough for up to 48 hours, then roll into balls. Chilling needs to be done prior to freeze as it allows the flour to absorb the moisture first. Store them in an airtight container and then freeze for up to 3 months.
Freezer (baked): Once your cookies have cooled completely, freeze them on the baking sheet for at least 30 minutes to prevent sticking. Then store them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Room Temp Egg
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 6 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Mini Marshmallows (optional)
- Add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Then, mix in your wet ingredients to form your dough.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- For added flavor, add in chocolate chips and/ marshmallows to the middle of some of your cookie dough.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Preheat your oven at 350°F and bake for 12-15 minutes. They may look a little undone, but we don't want to over bake them. The cookies will firm up during the resting period.
- Rest for 10-15 minutes and enjoy.