This soursop ice cream is deliciously creamy and sweet while capturing the tangy flavors of the fruit. It is made with only 4 ingredients and it does not require the use of an ice cream machine.
WHAT IS SOURSOP?
This tropical fruit is sometimes referred to as custard apple, guanabana, guyabano, graviola, or Brazilian paw paw. It has a prickly skin that is greenish yellow with creamy white meat and black seeds.
People frequently compare its flavor to a cross between strawberry and apple with a hint of citrus. It is most frequently consumed in the Caribbean, South America, and Southeast Asia both on its own and as an ingredient in drinks and ice cream.
Several parts of the plant are used medicinally in Africa, the Caribbean, and South America, due to its many health benefits.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR SOURSOP ICE CREAM
1. Heavy Cream
4. Vanilla (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks.
2. Add in your soursop puree, condensed milk, and vanilla and whip until incorporated.
3. Pour your mixture into a freezer safe container and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Roll out your dough into a log and place it in a greased baking pan.
5. Freeze for minimum 6 hours.
6. Thaw for 5 minutes before serving.
HOW TO STORE SOURSOP ICE CREAM
You should store the ice cream in a freezer safe pan or an airtight container. Once you have poured your ice cream in your container of choice, place a cling wrap or wax paper over its surface to prevent the formation of ice crystals. Ice cream will last for up to 2 weeks, as long as you store it properly.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
SOURSOP ICE CREAM
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Soursop Juice
- ¼ cup Condensed Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla (optional)
- Whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- Add in your soursop, condensed milk, and vanilla and whip until incorporated.
- Pour your mixture into a freezer safe container and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for minimum 6 hours.
- Thaw for 5 minutes before serving.