Pumpkin Spice Muffins Are the Perfect Fall Treat!
When fall peaks around the corner, you usually begin seeing all the pumpkin flavored food and drinks. These can be pumpkin bread, rolls, donuts, even steamers and syrups. However, they are usually short-lived and once the season ends; you wait for next year to enjoy these treats. Pumpkin spice muffins are one of our favorite fall treats to enjoy and now you won’t have to wait to indulge in them. They are fluffy, simple to prepare, and they incorporate the best fall flavors.
WHAT IS PUMPKIN SPICE?
Pumpkin spice, commonly referred to as pumpkin pie spice consists of a mixture of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and occasionally allspice.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS
3. Baking Powder
4. Baking Soda
5. White Sugar
6. Brown Sugar
7. Cake Flour
11. Pumpkin Spice/Mixed Spice
12. Pumpkin Puree
1. Heavy Cream (optional)
2. Powdered Sugar
3. Cream Cheese
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Sift your dry ingredients.
2. Add in your wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Add in your pumpkin and mix to combine.
4. Pour your mixture into a lined muffin pan.
5. Bake at 350°F for 22-25 minutes.
1. Whip your heavy cream to stiff peaks.
2. Add in your remaining ingredients and whip until incorporated.
3. Add your frosting to your cooled muffins and enjoy.
Can I use all purpose flour instead of the cake flour? Yes, you can. I have made muffins with both flours and they are both delicious. What I love about baking with the cake flour is that the finished product has a softer crumb. It is not as dense as it would be when using all purpose flour.
What can I use if I do not have pumpkin spice? You can use mixed spice. Some mixed spice has a similar combination of spices just like pumpkin spice, while others may include a few additional spices.
If you are storing these with the frosting, it will need to be kept in the fridge in an airtight container. It will last for up to a week. If you choose to do it without the frosting, you can keep it in the fridge or you can leave it at room temperature for up to 4 days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) Vanilla
- 2 Med Room Temp Eggs
- 1 tsp (5.6 g) Baking Powder
- 1 tsp (5.6 g) Baking Soda
- ¼ cup (50 g) White Sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (75 g) Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ cup (195 g) Cake Flour
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Melted Unsalted Butter
- ¼ tsp (1.4 g) Salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Room Temp Milk
- 1 tsp (5.6 g) Pumpkin Spice/Mixed Spice
- ½ cup (113 g) Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup (120 ml) Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup (50 g) Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup (44 g) Room Temp Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp (28 g) Softened Butter
- Sift your dry ingredients.
- Add in your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in your pumpkin and mix to combine.
- Pour your mixture into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 22-25 minutes.
- Whip your heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Add in your remaining ingredients and whip until incorporated.
- Add your frosting to your cooled muffins and enjoy.