Pancakes are a popular breakfast item for many people. They are also quite simple to make, which makes them even more appealing. But what is the trick to making the fluffiest buttermilk pancakes? The answer is in the ingredients. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of buttermilk pancakes in only 20 minutes!
WHAT ARE PANCAKES?
Pancakes are flat circular cakes made from batter cooked on both sides in a frying pan. They are typically served for breakfast with butter and various types of syrup.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THEM
2. Baking Powder
5. Cinnamon (optional)
7. Baking Soda
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
1. Add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Add in your remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated.
3. Fry on medium heat in coconut oil (adds more flavor).
4. Flip when bubbles begin to form on the top and the bottom starts to brown.
5. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK AT HOME
Mix 1 tbsp of vinegar with 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp milk. Let sit for ten minutes.
WHAT TOPPINGS CAN YOU SERVE WITH BUTTERMILK PANCAKES?
These are the best toppings to serve with pancakes:
1. Fresh Fruit
2. Whipped Cream
3. Maple Syrup
4. Chocolate Chips
5. Powdered Sugar
6. Chocolate Sauce
7. Ice Cream
HOW TO STORE BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
Pancakes can be refrigerated for up to 5 days and frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
HOW TO REHEAT THEM
You can reheat them by popping them in the toaster for a few minutes. You may have to toast frozen pancakes a few times for it to be heated thoroughly.
They can also be spread out on a greased baking sheet and heated for 5 to 10 minutes at 350°F. Pancakes that are frozen may require a little more time.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe and found it delicious, I would appreciate it if you rate this recipe and leave a comment so that more people can see it. Your email will not be displayed.
FLUFFY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
- 1 ½ cup Flour.
- 2 tbsp Sugar.
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder.
- ¼ tsp Salt.
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda.
- ½ tsp Cinnamon.
- 1 Egg (at room temperature).
- ¼ cup Melted Unsalted Butter.
- 1 tsp Vanilla.
- ¾ to 1 cup Buttermilk (depending on preferred thickness).
- Add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add in your remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fry on medium heat in coconut oil (adds more flavor).
- Flip when bubbles begin to form on the top and the bottom starts to brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.